Ironman & Valentin Hotels
Alcudia is one more time, the selected place, to celebrate the IRONMAN MALLORCA, next 7th May 2016. With more than 30 km of coastline, white sunny beaches, modern facilities hotels and properties, it will be the perfect place to relax and have fun.
Mallorca is like Training Paradise for many athletes and cyclists, who come to the island looking to win the Ironman in order to access the World Ironman Championship 2016, that will take place in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and that it is considered the most prestigious of the world.
Did you know…?
- Ironman’s record time to finish is 8 hours and 3 minutes for Men and 8 hours and 54 minutes for Women.
- Every year this record time goes down in 7 minutes, at least
- In 1978, it took them 11 hours and 45 minutes to obtain a male winner
- The most prestigious Ironman is the one from Hawaii
- Triathlon is an Olimpic Game
- In the Olimpic Games, distances are 1.5 Km swimming, 40 Km cyclic and 10Km running, nothing compare to the Ironman.
Ironman: The story
During an awards banquet for the Waikiki Swim Club, John Collins, a Naval Officer stationed in Hawai`i, and his wife Judy, began playing with the idea of combining the three toughest endurance races on the island into one race. They decided to issue a challenge to see who the toughest athletes were: swimmers, bikers, or runners. On February 18, 1978, 15 competitors, including Collins, came to the shores of Waikiki to take on the first-ever IRONMAN challenge
whoever finishes first, we’ll call him “The Ironman”
In 1980 founders John and Judy Collins give ABC’s “Wide World of Sports” permission to film the event, bringing worldwide recognition to IRONMAN.
If you would like to enjoy the “Ironman experience” with Valentin Hotels, we recommend you to book a room at Valentin Playa de Muro